Posted by Bob Owens on January 28, 2015 at 7:45 am
Tom Greer shot and killed Andrea Miller, a woman who was part of a couple that was robbing his home. Miller’s accomplice Gus Adams was charged with her murder under California’s implementation of the felony murder rule, which holds criminals responsible for any death resulting from felony activity.
Bearing Arms reported yesterday on the story of Tom Greer, the 80-year-old Long Beach man attacked by burglars in his home. Greer unwisely told a media outlet how he shot and killed one of the two retreating burglars:
http://goo.gl/J7xqJS“I come back and they see me with a gun, and they run,” he said.The man escaped, but the woman fell after being struck by Greer’s gunfire in an alley behind the house.“She says, ‘Don’t shoot me, I’m pregnant! I’m going to have a baby!’ And I shot her anyway,” Greer said.When asked what he saw happen to the woman after he fired shots, Greer responded: “She was dead. I shot her twice, she best be dead … (The man) had run off and left her.”“I’ve never in my life shot anybody, killed anybody,” Greer said.
ReTweet Please
