12 Aug 2015
Trump was asked, [relevant exchange beings around 3:00] “You want to lower the tax, you want to implement a flat tax.” Trump objected to this characterization. After host Sean Hannity said, “I thought you liked the flat tax.” Trump stated, “The problem with the flat tax is it’s sort of the same. I actually believe that people as they make more and more money can pay a higher percentage.” Later he added, “I don’t like where everybody’s paying the same. If I make a billion dollars, and somebody else is making a hundred, and he’s paying ten dollars and I’m paying — to me, I don’t know. I like somewhat of a graduation. What you have now is a system that’s too complicated. The easiest thing to do is make that system uncomplicated, and make it really good, make it really good. And you know, as far as the IRS, people say ‘Let’s get rid of the IRS,’ somebody’s got to collect the money.” Regarding simplifying the tax code, also stated, “The word is simplification. We can simplify. We can get rid of deductions.”
Hannity then asked Trump, “What’s the cap?” Trump responded, “Uhhh, we will set the cap. I want to have a cap so we have a lot of business, a lot more activity. I want to get rid of all this deficit. We’re making — we’re losing, six, seven hundred billion dollars. We’re going to be losing — and by the way, when Obamacare kicks in, we’re going to be losing a trillion three, a trillion four a year. We can’t do that. We’re going to be a Greece on steroids. Here’s what I want to do. I want to simplify the tax code. I want to cut taxes, but I want to simplify the tax code. I want to make it great for the middle class. The middle class is being killed. I want to put H&R Block — it’s an ambition of mine to put H&R Block out of business. When a person has a simple tax return, they have a job, and they can’t even figure out, when they look at this complicated form, they can’t figure out what to pay. And you know what, I have guys that are friends of mine, they make a fortune. They’re hedge fund guys. They move around — look, at least I build things. I put people to work. These guys move around paper. And half the time it’s luck more than talent, okay. They pay peanuts, okay? I want to make it so the middle — I want to lower taxes, but I want to make it so the middle class benefits.”
Please RT - THANKS!

No comments:
Post a Comment