Vote Trump 2016 !

Vote Trump 2016 !
Trump 2016

Saturday, March 22, 2014

Gay couples marry in Michigan after ban lifted









Jayne R
Updated: March 22, 2014 1:30PM


MASON, Mich. (AP) — Dozens of gay Michigan couples rushed to recite vows one day after the state’s ban on same-sex marriage was lifted, even though their joy Saturday was tempered by fear that a higher court could set aside the judge’s ruling.
Glenna DeJong, 53, and Marsha Caspar, 51, of Lansing, were first in line at the Ingham County Courthouse in the central Michigan city of Mason. DeJong and Caspar, who have been together for 27 years, received their marriage license and immediately were married by Ingham County Clerk Barb Byrum.
“I figured in my lifetime it would happen,” Caspar said. “But now, when it happens now, it’s just overwhelming. I still can’t believe it. I don’t think it’s hit me yet.”

http://www.suntimes.com/26374629-761/gay-couples-marry-in-michigan-after-ban-lifted.html

No comments: