BY CHRISTOPHER ROSEN • @CHRISJROSEN
(Kena Betancur/Getty Images)
Posted October 29 2015 — 8:43 AM EDT
All 14,000 Members of the Philadelphia Fraternal Order of Police Lodge 5
have joined officers in New York and Los Angeles in calling for a boycott
of Quentin Tarantino’s films.
“Tarantino has shown through his actions that he is
anti-police,” the group’s president, John McNesby,
said in a statement. “Mr. Tarantino has made a good
living through his films, projecting into society at large
violence and respect for criminals; he it turns out
also hates cops.”
The statement comes after Tarantino participated in
an anti-police brutality rally in New York City last
weekend. “When I see murders, I do not stand by,
I have to call a murder a murder and I have to call the
murderers the murderers,” Tarantino told a crowd of protesters on Sunday.
The event was organized by a group called #RiseUpOctober, which
cites the deaths of Michael Brown, Tamir Rice, Freddie Grey,
and Eric Garner as lives“stolen by police” on its website.
“The powers-that-be continue to unleash their cops to kill and
brutalize and the courts continue to exonerate these killers,” reads the site.
“No more!”
After Tarantino spoke during the march, which occurred four days
after New York City Police Department officer Randolph Holder
was murdered, Police Benevolent Association president Patrick J. Lynch
slammed the Oscar-winning director as a “cop-hater.”
Please RT - THANKS

No comments:
Post a Comment