After Kelly Comments
Sunday, 09 Aug 2015 10:48 AM\
Republican presidential frontrunner Donald Trump continued his defense of his latest controversy on the Sunday morning news shows, saying he "said nothing wrong whatsoever" when he criticized Fox News debate moderator Megyn Kelly.
Kelly grilled him on comments he has made on Twitter about women in Thursday's debate.
In his response to CNN on Friday, Trump said of Kelly, "You could see there was blood coming out of her eyes. Blood coming out of her wherever."
Critics said Trump was referring to hormones with that comment, though Trump himself said he was going to finish the sentence with "from her nose," but ended up moving on to other subjects.
Sunday on CNN's "State of the Union," Trump told host Jake Tapper, the moderator of the next GOP debate, that the people criticizing him, including RedState.com editor Erick Erickson, are rooting for one of his competitors.
RedState event organizer Erick Erickson disinvited Trump from Saturday's Atlanta RedState event over the comments, and former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush, currently polling second behind Trump, criticized him from the stage, saying Trump risks alienating women voters, who make up 53 percent of the electorate.
Kelly grilled him on comments he has made on Twitter about women in Thursday's debate.
In his response to CNN on Friday, Trump said of Kelly, "You could see there was blood coming out of her eyes. Blood coming out of her wherever."
Critics said Trump was referring to hormones with that comment, though Trump himself said he was going to finish the sentence with "from her nose," but ended up moving on to other subjects.
Sunday on CNN's "State of the Union," Trump told host Jake Tapper, the moderator of the next GOP debate, that the people criticizing him, including RedState.com editor Erick Erickson, are rooting for one of his competitors.
RedState event organizer Erick Erickson disinvited Trump from Saturday's Atlanta RedState event over the comments, and former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush, currently polling second behind Trump, criticized him from the stage, saying Trump risks alienating women voters, who make up 53 percent of the electorate.
Editor's Note: Should Prayer Be Allowed in Public Schools?
Trump said the Bush is a weak candidate, and suggested former Hewlett-Packard CEO and South Carolina Sen. Lindsey Graham are vocally criticizing him only because they are so low in the polls and need the attention.
He repeated his claim that only a "deviant" would think he was referring to Kelly menstruating with the blood comment.
"I was going to say, nose, and/or ears, because that's a very common statement. Blood flowing out of somebody's nose. It's a statement showing anger," Trump said. "She had great anger when she was questioning me."
Trump jumped on Bush's comments last week when he was taken as criticizing support for women's health when discussing defunding Planned Parenthood.
"Three days ago he was talking so negatively about women's health issues, and I thought it was disgraceful, frankly," Trump said. "And I think that will go down to haunt him, and maybe be the same as Romney's '47 percent,' which possibly cost him the election."
Bush was "very negative on women's health," Trump said, "And when you're negative on women's health, you can forget about it."
Trump said he is the "exact opposite" on the issue.
"I cherish women. I want to help women. I'm going to do things for women that no other candidate will be able to do," he said.
"I will be phenomenal to the women," Trump told "Face the Nation," predicting he will ultimately win the female vote.
He repeated his claim that only a "deviant" would think he was referring to Kelly menstruating with the blood comment.
"I was going to say, nose, and/or ears, because that's a very common statement. Blood flowing out of somebody's nose. It's a statement showing anger," Trump said. "She had great anger when she was questioning me."
Trump jumped on Bush's comments last week when he was taken as criticizing support for women's health when discussing defunding Planned Parenthood.
"Three days ago he was talking so negatively about women's health issues, and I thought it was disgraceful, frankly," Trump said. "And I think that will go down to haunt him, and maybe be the same as Romney's '47 percent,' which possibly cost him the election."
Bush was "very negative on women's health," Trump said, "And when you're negative on women's health, you can forget about it."
Trump said he is the "exact opposite" on the issue.
"I cherish women. I want to help women. I'm going to do things for women that no other candidate will be able to do," he said.
"I will be phenomenal to the women," Trump told "Face the Nation," predicting he will ultimately win the female vote.
"I'm doing very well with the women voters," he told ABC's "This Week."
"I'm very much into the whole thing of helping people and helping women, women's health issues are such a big thing to me," he said, noting "I was one of the first people in the construction industry in New York to put women in charge of projects."
Trump said he would never be stupid enough to insult Kelly in such as manner as he has been accused.
"I went to the Wharton school of finance, I was an excellent student, I'm a smart person. I built a tremendous company. I had a show called 'The Apprentice" that NBC desperately wanted me to do another season," he said. " I do all this stuff. Do you think I make a stupid statement like that? Who would make a statement like that? Only a sick person would even think about it."
Please RT -- THANKS!
No comments:
Post a Comment