ages
[1:25 PM EST – John Hayward] The title of the event, according to an Associated Press report, was “Art, Blasphemy, and the Freedom of Expression.” Some eyewitness accounts of the attack:
Helle Merete Brix, one of the event’s organizers, told The Associated Press that Vilks was at the free speech event Saturday but was not hit.“I saw a masked man running past,” Brix said. “I clearly consider this as an attack on Lars Vilks.”There was no immediate claim of responsibility. Danish police, in a statement, said they were looking for the perpetrators who drove away in a dark Volkswagen Polo after the shooting, which took place shortly before 4 p.m. (1500 GMT, 10 a.m. EST).“I heard someone firing with an automatic weapons and someone shouting. Police returned the fire and I hid behind the bar. I felt surreal, like in a movie,” Niels Ivar Larsen, one of the speakers at the event, told the TV2 channel
No comments:
Post a Comment